Grant Hill Wiki, Girlfriend, Net Worth, Biography, Facts, and more
Grant Hill - The Basketball Legend Who Transcended the Game
Grant Hill is a retired American professional basketball player who played in the NBA for 19 seasons. He is also a sports broadcaster and co-owner of the Atlanta Hawks. Here is some information about Grant Hill’s wiki, girlfriend, net worth, biography, and other facts:
- Full name: Grant Henry Hill
- Birthdate: October 5, 1972
- Age: 50 years old
- Birthplace: Dallas, Texas, United States
- Height: 6 feet 8 inches (2.03 m)
- Weight: 225 lbs (102 kg)
- Nationality: American
- Position: Small forward / Shooting guard
- NBA draft: 1994, 1st round, 3rd pick by the Detroit Pistons
- Teams played for: Detroit Pistons (1994-2000), Orlando Magic (2000-2007), Phoenix Suns (2007-2012), Los Angeles Clippers (2012-2013)
- Career statistics: 17.1 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 4.2 assists per game
- Awards and honors: 7-time NBA All-Star, 5-time All-NBA selection, NBA Rookie of the Year (1995), Olympic gold medalist (1996), and NCAA champion (1991, Duke University)
Grant Hill has been married to Tamia, a Canadian R&B singer, since 1999. The couple has two daughters together.
Grant Hill’s net worth is estimated to be around $250 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. He earned most of his wealth from his NBA career and endorsements with companies like Nike, Fila, and Pepsi.
Grant Hill was born in Dallas, Texas, to former NFL player Calvin Hill and Janet Hill. He attended Duke University, where he played basketball for four years and won two NCAA championships. After college, Hill was selected by the Detroit Pistons in the 1994 NBA draft and played for them for six seasons before being traded to the Orlando Magic. He played for three more teams before retiring in 2013.
- Grant Hill is known for his philanthropy and community work. He has established the Grant Hill Foundation to provide opportunities for young people in need.
- Hill is also a co-owner of the Atlanta Hawks, along with Tony Ressler and other investors.
- He is a member of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, inducted in 2018.
- Hill has also worked as a sports analyst for CBS and Turner Sports.
Grant Hill – The Basketball Legend Who Transcended the Game
Grant Hill is a name that is synonymous with basketball greatness. A player who dominated the court during his 19-year career in the NBA, Hill is widely regarded as one of the best small forwards of all time. But his legacy goes beyond just his impressive stats and accolades. Grant Hill is a true icon who transcended the game and left an indelible mark on the world of sports.
Early Life and Career
Born on October 5, 1972, in Dallas, Texas, Grant Hill was the son of former NFL player Calvin Hill. Growing up in a sports-oriented family, it was only natural for Hill to develop a love for sports. He attended Duke University, where he played basketball for four years and won two NCAA championships.
In 1994, Hill was selected by the Detroit Pistons in the first round of the NBA draft. He quickly made a name for himself as a versatile player who could do it all – score, rebound, and pass. In his rookie year, Hill averaged 19.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 5.0 assists per game, earning him the NBA Rookie of the Year award.
Dominance in the NBA
Over the course of his career, Hill played for four teams – the Detroit Pistons, Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns, and Los Angeles Clippers. He was a seven-time NBA All-Star and a five-time All-NBA selection. In 1996, Hill won a gold medal as part of the US Olympic basketball team.
Hill’s game was marked by his incredible athleticism, smooth ball-handling skills, and outstanding court vision. He was equally comfortable playing both small forward and shooting guard positions. Despite a series of injuries that hampered his career, Hill remained a dominant force on the court throughout his time in the NBA.
While Hill’s achievements on the court are impressive, his impact off the court is just as significant. He has been a passionate advocate for social justice issues and has worked tirelessly to promote education and equality. Hill is also a co-owner of the Atlanta Hawks and has been involved in several philanthropic endeavors.
In 2018, Hill was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, cementing his legacy as one of the greatest basketball players of all time. He remains an inspiration to countless fans and aspiring athletes around the world.
Grant Hill is a true icon of the game of basketball. His career and accomplishments on the court are impressive, but it is his impact off the court that truly sets him apart. Hill’s unwavering commitment to social justice, education, and equality make him a role model for generations to come. He will forever be remembered as one of the greats – a player who transcended the game and left an indelible mark on the world of sports.